Many people say that books are windows to the world. Books can take us anywhere because they provide knowledge but books are also a pleasure and satisfaction for their readers. Not only that, but reading also trains the brain to think critically and analyze problems that arise during the reading.
Among young people today, reading is something that is boring and less attractive. They prefer to play games or watch movies rather than reading, even though reading books can also increase knowledge and expand our imagination.
So what can be done to build a reading culture, especially among teenagers? There are several things we can do, namely:
- Understand the importance of reading because it can add vocabulary, insight, and character-building
- Optimizing reading opportunities anywhere, such as a library or reading park
- Get used to giving books as gifts to children
- Make reading a habit every day, set aside time to read, or incorporate daily reading into your study schedule at home
- Write every day. Writing can help in reviewing what has been read. Without writing, it is challenging to create a literacy culture
Literacy and interest in reading are expected to be the driving force behind the improvement of knowledge and progress of the country in the future. Happy national book day, let's make it a habit to continue reading books because one book can change the world and the future.